1. Chemical Sunscreen goes in the blood and causes cancer.
- This is false. No sunscreens actually become the cause of any cancer. In fact, skipping sunscreen can only cause prolonged skin conditions and skin cancer can be one of them.
- This is false. Sunscreens are meant to be worn in all seasons and indoors. A lightweight sunscreen is a better option especially during the humid season.
- Physical or mineral sunscreens do not reflect all the UV rays. It does absorb some rays and convert them into heat, which is exactly what a chemical sunscreen does. The point is to have a sunscreen that has complete protection, PA ++++ and which can be comfortably worn on a daily basis. This is false.
4. Men have thicker skin than women, so they can skip sunscreen most of the time.
- This is false. No one should skip sunscreen at all. This counts all men and all women including what color of their skin is. Sunscreens do not harm or have side effects. It only protects the skin from UV rays, premature ageing, skin cancer etc.
- No matter what the sunscreen number be, reapplying sunscreen every 2 hours just helps the skin to be protected for longer. It is not directly proportional or inversely. In fact, there is no relation between the SPF number and reapplication. This is false.
- Sunscreens are not the main cause of any vitamin deficiency. It is mainly because of not having a balanced diet. This can be easily treated with Vitamin D supplements in the diet. This is false.